Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc.
215 Lakewood Way SW, Suite 106
Atlanta, GA 30315
Job Description: BILINGUAL OUTREACH SPECIALIST
Requirements and Experience: Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Marketing, Urban
Affairs, a related field or commensurate experience. At least five years of successful experience in Fair Housing preferred. Proven track record in working with Hispanic- serving organizations in the Atlanta Metropolitan area, or any geographic jurisdiction with a large Hispanic population, preferred.
Salary Range: $32,000 – $38,000
The Bilingual Outreach Specialist is responsible for all Education & Outreach and related Fair Housing marketing activities under FHIP and local jurisdictional contracts; reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsible for implementing fair housing education and outreach activities for the general public and private/public housing providers. Responsible for establishing working partnerships with Hispanic-serving organizations. Responsible for the implementation of training seminars/workshops in English and Spanish covering the rights and responsibilities outlined in federal, state and local Fair Housing laws. Responsible for disseminating fair housing information and materials in English and Spanish that have the most impact on institutional change in the dual housing market.
- Conducts Fair Housing training modules in English and Spanish for the general public, community, faith-based, civic organizations, public and private housing providers, as assigned
- Conducts education and outreach activities in Hall, Cobb, Gwinnett, DeKalb, Cherokee, Forsyth, Henry and Fulton Counties, including the City of Atlanta
- Manages and implements the agency’s Education & Outreach Marketing Plan including, but not limited to, social media and traditional marketing activities (radio, television, print, etc.) and agency website information/content
- Distributes up-to-date Fair Housing and related information (brochures, newsletters, posters, etc.) to the community-at-large, public institutions, elected officials, religious leaders, housing industry professionals, local businesses, etc.
- Writes press releases and prepares press packages; writes bilingual articles/advertisements for local Latino newspapers/other outlets as appropriate
- Works with other agencies, particularly Hispanic-serving agencies, to establish and cultivate local community resources
Bilingual Outreach Specialist – responsible for Fair Housing Education/Outreach activities/Marketing for Metro Fair Housing Services, Inc.; Advanced ability to speak, read and write Spanish and English REQUIRED; ability to establish working relationships with Hispanic- serving organizations in Metropolitan Atlanta area; salary range $32,000 – $38,000; submit resume/cover letter by August 8, 2018. to email@example.com